7.07.2014

The Weekender: Happy 4th

Happy (belated) 4th of July from Asia! What did we do to celebrate you ask? Well we went to work like every other day. See, look at my sad corporate selfie on this blessed holiday. 


We did however mark the holiday like many of  our other fellow Americans - with some classic American fast food. The newly renovated Wendy's by our offices to be exact.  


Not going to lie, it was a bit of a let down (okay an excruciating let down). The drinks came in a red coke-a-cola cup (where are the yellows cups?! Michael cried), when I ordered a frosty they asked me if I wanted chocolate or vanilla flavor (dagger in the heart) and then proceeded to put it into a chili bowl, and lastly the most devastating part of the meal was the chicken nuggets, which 110% came from the same manufacturer/distributor as McDonald's nuggets, which is very disturbing on many levels. Michael and I were seriously contemplating the legality of selling McNuggests under the Wendy's name. These are the serious problems we have to deal with on a daily basis. It's a real struggle I tell you.   


Happy 4th of July from Asia via Wendy's! 

Backing up a bit, Thursday evening we hosted a much overdue BBQ at our place with Michael's work colleagues. On the menu were cheeseburgers, sausages and RIBS! Budweiser for drinks and rice crispy treats for dessert. 



Michael back in his natural habitat...






His office was also so kind to bring us champagne and the most beautiful bouquet of flowers to celebrate our recent marriage.  


Quick side note on prepping for an American BBQ in Singapore. That my friends is 2(!!) Bounty paper towels S$ 21.95 = USD$ 17.50 and 6 cans of Budweiser coming in at a modest S$ 19.85 = USD$ 15.88 ($32 six-pack of Miller Lite bottles not pictured)


Saturday, I sadly don't have any proof photos, but we went to a super fun 4th of July party at a friend of a friends place (snapping pics when you don't know anyone at the party isn't really that cool ;) We had a blast and met a lot of cool people.

Sunday we wrapped up the weekend with a bike ride, yoga class and a casual Sunday evening walk around Fort Canning Park near our apartment. I've been meaning to take my camera around the park for some time now - it's so hard to capture how beautiful and dense the jungle is (and I think we just missed the best light).




Have a great week y'all!

Lots of love,
CD

No comments :

Post a Comment