9.23.2015

The Weekender: Formula 1

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well and gearing up for fall. It is fall back in the States right? My only taste of the changing seasons comes from the 12hr delayed football games we get a glimpse of on the weekends. 

The highlight of our weekend here was checking out the Singapore GP Formula 1 race. If you recall, we attended the event last year and were keen to check it out again. There are only a few times a year when Singapore really puts on a show and everyone comes out to have a good time. A quick recap below: 


Being the F1 neophytes we are, we opted for the walk about tickets - meaning we just strolled the area with friends and watched the race from a variety of viewing platforms enjoying the food, beverage and entertainment. We actually attended the preliminary event on Saturday so it wasn't as completely nuts as the Sunday night finals. 


Mike D, super fan :-P



Gearing up for Maroon 5 in the Padang (I may or may not have become a born-again Adam Levine fan by the end of the night). 


Just like animals, animals, like animals-maaaaaaals. PS - it. was. so. hot. that. night. Sweaty Adam. 


Another fun year at the races. 


Sunday afternoon was spent brunching at Open Farm Community - an amazing new farm to table concept in Singapore - and furniture shopping in nearby Dempsey. We had a very productive, very old married couple afternoon. 



I highly recommend checking out OFC. Good food, good atmosphere. YUM.  


I only include this random photo because I thought it was hilarious. Never in my life have I seen a scarecrow construction worker. 


That's all for the weekend folks!

Additionally, here are a couple quick life updates to share: 

1. We are moving apartments next week. Our lease is coming to an end (it's been 2 years already!) and we had the opportunity to sub-lease from some friends of ours who are relocating back to the States. We have been obsessed with the building for as long as we can remember so we are totally stoked. The return of the fratio!

2. We went to the doctor this week to find out the gender of Baby Duvall but he/she was not in the mood to cooperate. Either way, the baby is healthy, growing, moving around like crazy and has some seriously long legs :) The wait continues... 

3. I am about a decade late to the party, but I am in deep to One Tree Hill. If anyone wants to talk about the Season 2 Haley/Nathan saga, please email me. 

 Okay, take care y'all. Love and miss. 

XO,
CD

No comments :

Post a Comment