Happy belated Valentine's Day All!
Michael and I had a nice little weekend - just the right amount of eventfulness (is that a real word?)
Some pics and a recap of events.
I was asked this question a few times this week - do they celebrate Valentines Day in Singapore/Asia? Answer - Yes. For whatever reason Valentines Day was technically on Thursday Feb. 13 here, but it seemed like everyone I saw protested that and celebrated on the 14th (maybe cuz it was Friday?)
I absolutely loved how all the Valentine's flowers in Singapore come as proper bouquets. They are all tightly bound and arranged - as compared to the U.S. they don't come as loose or long stems or in a nice glass vase, they are a legit bouquet, exactly like one would hold at a wedding :-)
![]() |
| Thank you Michael, Xoxo |
We went out to dinner at this amazing steak frites place L'Entrecôte. It is modeled after one of our favorite and most amazing restaurants, Cafe de Paris, in Geneva - if you ever have the chance to go, it will change your life. The restaurant was in the cutest neighborhood called Duxton Hill. We will definitely be back to the area for more eats and drinks.
We had no plans to get each other gifts (in fact we have been crazy busy and both failed to even get each other a card), but Michael wanted me to have something to open at dinner -
awwww...
...too sweet.
Fun fact: this was our 5th Valentine's Day together :-)
Saturday Michael played in his usual flag football game and I had my first bridal dress fitting(!) If you recall, I got my dress in NYC, but had it shipped here to get it altered.
(p.s. dress shopping seems like 2 lifetimes ago!)
I found the cutest little bridal boutique in the Duxton Hill area. I am really excited about it and can't wait to see how it turns out. 4 more months!
![]() |
| Looking through lace samples. |
Saturday night we had plans to watch the USA - Russia Hockey game with Michael's boss (who is Russian). Well technically from Azerbaijan, but grew up in Russia. I mean he owns a Sochi t-shirt...
We watched the game live at 8:30PM on Saturday night. As I was getting ready I was joking - what does one wear to a USA - Russia hockey event, at an Australian bar, in Asia? Only in Singapore.
It was a GREAT game and win or loose a great time was had by all.
![]() |
| We are lost. |
Sunday we had plans to get up bright and early and go to the Airshow. In true Singapore fashion, you had to buy tickets like a month in advance and you absolutely could not ('CANNOT' - a word you get a lot living here) get them at the gate. We should have known better. After some talking it over with our taxi driver, we decided on plan B and watch it from the beach. It turned out to be great! There were plenty of people watching from the park, it was a perfect view and totally was free! Take that ('CAN!')
![]() |
| Best part of the show! Valentines heart <3 |
After the show was over we decided to try out Singapore's famous East Coast seafood since we were in the area. If Singapore had a signature local or best dish, most likely everyone would say it is the chili or pepper crab. Up until now we have not tried it 1. because we don't get over to the east coast very often 2. we were kind of saving it for when we had people in town visiting and 3. well we really don't know how to eat it.
We tried Long Beach (the inventor and home of the famous pepper crab). It was great! Not something you would crave everyday, but it was something fun and different and we could check if off our Singapore to-do list.
![]() |
| Beach selfies! |
A short walk along the water to work off our lunch and take in the scenery.
![]() |
| Is this embarrassing Michael? |
The rest of the day we napped, swam (where Michael spent 45min teaching me how to do a flip turn - I think I used to know how to do it?), made dinner and alternated between Downton and House of Cards.
Now back to the weekly grind...
Miss you guys!
Xo,
C
Oh! Gosh, how could I forget - we got tickets to see the Rolling Stones in Singapore March 15. Michael is absolutely beside himself with joy. Tickets sold out in 10min. It should be pretty cool - they are playing at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel (the famous, huge, boat looking hotel) and the ballroom only holds about 10,000 people so it should be a really neat experience. Please ask Michael about it every chance you get...

















No comments :
Post a Comment