Happy Monday.
It was killing me to be working while everyone else was relaxing with some bubbly and melted cheese watching the Oscars. I was going to tape it, but I knew I wouldn't be able to keep myself from looking at the dresses and winners online before I got home tonight so I decided not to.
My best dressed picks at first glance: Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Hudson (along with the rest of America I am sure) + Kevin Spacey looking dapper in blue!
Anyway...back to reality...a few pics from the weekend.
When we lived in NYC one of our most favorite traditions was to meet up at the Yale Club on Friday's after work. It was the exact half way point between our offices, it was the perfect place to decompress, the cocktails were always extra strong and they had this amazing little snack dispenser of cheese-its, peanuts and wasabi peas. It was the perfect way to unwind and catch up with each other. We had some of our most serious and meaningful life conversations on those Friday nights. If those walls could talk. Many a problems of the world have been solved within the walls of that lounge. (the whole senerio sounds a little stuffy, but clearly we are not that classy seeing as how we have a nice little collection of stolen drink stirrers.)
Oh, I had a point. Friday we felt like recreating this vibe. So what if there was no one else in the room, we were sitting on our Pottery Barn L-couch, not leather winged-back chairs and we were surrounded by photo prints and artwork from Ponak's, not presidential portraits, it still felt a little bit the same and it still felt good. Oh to be young again... ;-)

After cocktail hour we had a sad attempt at making homemade White Castle sliders. Micheal has been begging me to make these ever since he saw a couple of our friends make them via that one time he got onto instragram - (thanks a lot Katie and Lauren!)
Hmmm the recipe says the meat and buns are the shining star. Well let's see, I have no clue the % leanness of the meat, much less where it comes from or if it's organic. Potato roll buns? Ha! Charight. American cheese? Strike 3. The outcome was pretty decent all things considered: mystery meat, English muffins, generic 'sandwich cheese' and a celsius labeled oven.

Saturday I ventured out for a solo bike ride. Michael had his last football game of the season and his team won the championship! (I asked to come with, but not sure why I didn't get the invite to watch ;-))
A panoramic view from the Green Roof at the Marina Barrage.

After a long morning of triathlon training (we both had 2-a-days!) naturally we headed to the bar to reward ourselves for our hard work (can't teach an old dog new tricks). We both brought some work with us and had a nice little productive afternoon.
Saturday night ended with dinner at our favorite Korean BBQ joint and 'Rolling Stones class.' Stones class is what we call Michael playing every single Rolling Stones song/ concert/ documentary he can get his hands on to prep for the concert in a few weeks. Michael takes Rolling Stones class very seriously.
![]() |
| True life I live in Asia: I eat dragon fruit next to my bamboo plant |
Sunday was a lazy day with nothing too exciting to report. It was too hot to do anything special.
Okay, have a great week everyone!
Xo,
C
P.S. my bridesmaids dresses are starting to arrive to their respective recipients - exciting!
(pictured below: not actual bridesmaid)




No comments :
Post a Comment