Greetings from Bali!
Well not technically, but don't we all wish we could be there right now?
As a wonderful ending to the Duvalls tour de Asia, the four of us jetted off to Bali for 4 a-may-zing days of fun in the sun. Emphasis on SUN. Cold plunge anyone? The trip was such a blast and just what we all needed - a beautiful beach, uninterrupted time together lounging and laughing, cold drinks and blissful denial the trip was soon coming to an end. We stayed at the Four Seasons in Jimbaran Bay and I cannot imagine a nicer resort or more friendly people on this earth.
Quick travel note on Bali: there are a few popular areas of the island that provide you with a completely different experiences from one location to another. We stayed in Jimbaran which is a perfect happy medium for relaxation and buzz and located not too far from the airport. I know a lot of people that head to Seminyak for a stag or hen weekend for a little crazier time (like the wasted group of French guys on our flight) - and finally Ubud is another popular area that is set up in the lush foothills and rice paddies near many of the temples and further from the water. Traffic can be nuts (and slightly dangerous) so it is often difficult to see various parts of the island in one short trip. I think next time we go back we will explore Ubud for a completely different experience! But all in all Bali is absolutely stunning and the people are unbelievably kind.
I was super jet lagged from our 2.25 flight from Singapore to Indonesia so I was lucky enough to witness this epic sunrise on our first morning. (I often joke I get jet lagged from any and all distance flights, but I swear I do!) Also please note only a true dedicated blogger jumps out of bed at <6:00am in order to document such an important event.
A little Balinese architecture to welcome us to our home.
Sorry I'm not sorry if this recap reads a little like a family vacation album (oh cuz it is ;))
| #BaliSelfie |
Truth be told, most of our time was spent lounging at this pool. 1. Because clearly it's awesome and 2. There were multiple pools on the grounds, but we quickly deemed this to be where 'all the beautiful people' were, so naturally, that's where we belonged.
The tides in Bali were nuts - they varied from crashing up into the pool at high tide to exposing the rocks and beach 50+ yards out at low tide. Is that normal? I grew up in NE so what do I know.
Two happy Duvall men.
I am usually not a fan of the cliche feet beach pics, but 'comeon...
Groovey Duvey
Quick stroll down the beach for some famed Jimbaran Bay seafood for lunch.
Yumm...
Just a man and his board.
I attempted to add the most surfer looking filter I could find on the photo below. You know what they say, a father and son who surf together, stay together ;) Also, want to guess how long these two talked in their own version of surfer language, duude?
Oummmm....
Behold, the most amazing looking (and tasting) gazpacho you ever did see.
SURFS UP DUDE!
I present to you the cover of Michael's debut solo album.
I love this pic below because I imagine Michael making this exact same face when he was 8 as he is at 28 :)
Note: this beautiful group pic was staged via self-timer balancing on a beach chair and towel. My original vision (obvi, because I am an obsessive photo enforcer) was for us to all to be sitting up on the ledge. The epic failure and outtake that was me starting the camera and doing a disgusting fat-kid belly flop into the pool to get into place on time still makes me laugh just thinking about it. I was certainly not amongst the beautiful people in that moment. H.E. as we would say.
Everyone, they are real surfers now. (editors note: Michael and his dad both caught some good waves and did an amazing job getting out there with no lessons or previous experience. I am sure by now Greg is back in KC telling everyone how he hit the 'tube' in a 10ft hull, man. You better believe that is what Michael is telling everyone ;))
Attention: this was the most important location on the entire property - the elusive Cold Plunge. It was pretty much a full ice bath like professional athletes partake in. This thing was so great - so cold - so worth it. Can we get one built on our balcony please?
All cleaned up for our last night in paradise.
Elaine and I both got our dresses on the beach for $7 - heyo!
Headed over to a neighboring resort for sunset cocktails.
What an incredible trip. We are so thankful and grateful to have spent time in such a beautiful place with such special people. Memories to last a lifetime, no doubt.
And lastly, I leave you with this... a little blue steel hotness to get you through your Friday ;)
Until next time Bali...
Xo,
C
P.S. we are off to (back to) Indonesia this weekend for the big Bintan Triathlon! Wish us luck as Michael is doing the full Olympic distance and I am nursing a wicked calf injury that may keep me on the DL. Full recap to come!

No comments :
Post a Comment