Hey Guys!
Quick weekend recap for your viewing pleasure. We had a nice weekend to ourselves with no 'real' plans, but lots of plans and errands to feel productive.
Friday morning we got to work early enough to sit down at our usual local breakfast stop - Wang's. Most days we just get an iced Kopi-O-kosong (black coffee the equivalent of rocket fuel, without milk or sugar) and crunchy peanut(butter) toast for take-away. On Friday Michael was really excited to finally try one of the local classics. He opted for the Mee Siam, which looked and tasted very yummy, but is personally not style for breakfast.
The description: Wang’s Mee Siam is served with its signature sweet-sour gravy and an ingredient mix of tau pok, hard‐boiled egg and bean sprouts over thin rice noodles. A squeeze of fresh calamansi adds tang.
![]() |
| Mee Siam |
Okay, these guys. They are been the talk of the town the last few weeks. They are called Lyssa Zampa moth. They are massive months native to Singapore apparently feeding on a type of rubber tree. They come out around this time every year, but some years in much greater numbers. This year for reasons unknown they are out in masses! You cannot walk down the street without seeing them all over the place. (People are not sure if they know the exact reason for their high numbers this year, but I have heard mumbling of deforestation as a possible reason). The first time I spotted one (they can grow >6 inches across) I could have sworn it had escaped from the nearby Gardens by the Bay. I took a million pictures like a crazy person then look up to see about 10 more all over the front of our office building. I finally got an up close shot here and am going to continue believing they are butterfly's and not months because they are HUGE.
![]() |
| Lyssa zampa |
Friday evening was spent rushing home from work for an 8:00pm SGT / 7:00am CST Skype meeting with our wonderful wedding planner - we are almost there! After that we were much too tired to do anything but drink some wine and watch a movie. Getting married is exhausting.
Saturday we were up and at'em with a vengeance. Getting back into a routine, we had a great 'normal' Saturday. The day started off with me going to my Pilates lesson. Would you call it a lesson? I have a trainer who is trying to get me in bridal shape asap. After that Michael and I met back at home for one of our favorite Saturday adventures: check out the sporting goods mall > hawker center for fresh juice > Chinese bakery for these amazing little biscuits (cookies) > and on to this little shop of handmade wicker furniture.
We have browsed this store multiple times and finally found the perfect piece and had enough cash on us to make the purchase. Woo!
Next stop - Michael had a hair cut and I had a wedding dress fitting and needed to check out China Town for more wedding related errands - told you we were productive!

I decided I am going to make all my bridesmaids wear Singapore Airlines outfits (pictured below) while getting ready. Ha! Not really, but that would be hilarious. But you all may or may not all be getting something equally Asian looking. Muah-ha-ha ;)


Saturday evening we were determined to do something 'different.' We had fun plans to go see The Merchant in Venice at the Shakespeare in the Park event, but naturally we were too late and tickets were sold out. Can someone please explain to me how you are sold out of tickets to a park? Like, you won't let me give you $100 dollars to sit on an open patch of grass over there in that massive PARK?! Only in Singapore, my friends. Anyway, we took a walk down to Clarke Quay and found this really neat live music festival. It was part of the Music Matters Live series. Over 60 bands, 18 countries, Over 170 shows over a 4-day period. There were different bands playing on the main stage and a few different bars we popped into to. The music and atmosphere was great. It ended up being a really fun evening.
Weirdly lots of headbanging though.
So I don't remember exactly why I took this photo, or how in the world Michael obliged, but I love it. I also love how you can see my reflection in the mirror - future stage mom alert. He looks like a little big kid.
Most every Sunday afternoon when we are in town Michael plays basketball with a group of guys while I stroll the grocery store and attempt to plan the week's menu. Wow, talk about gender roles right there. But it is some nice time apart during what it usually a 72hr couples marathon on the weekends. (<-- gosh we're losers)
Side note: Michael and I both agree I really need a dog so I can take more photos of it and far less of him ;)

Our new outdoor shoe rack looks great! We were previously using this super ghetto quasi shelf. We do this mainly because 1. it's Singapore and no one is going to steal your shoes, 2. everyone does it and 3. it is actually kind of nice to keep at this mess outside. Future visitors take note - we are officially a no shoes in the house family. Because I want to fit in.
![]() |
| Geez, could you guess an American family lives here? #Nike #Converse #Rainbow #Size12 |
And finally I leave you with this gem because I cannot stop laughing. Our weekly Sunday evening cocktail hour / pool party has really taken a serious turn...
Have a great work week ya'll. Less than 3 weeks before we depart for the big show!
Xo,
C
Wait! How could I forget! The main highlight of our weekend was starting Friday Night Lights (we have both never seen it before). Michael and I got in a legit fight after I declared Tim Riggins the hottest thing to come out of Texas since Mac Brown. He said only an awful person would like that character and I was a bad human. We are almost through season 1. To be continued.








No comments :
Post a Comment