Hey Friends!
I'm back! Did you miss your weekly dose of LGE? Sorry for being MIA the past few weeks. Full-disclosure, the reason is three-fold. 1).My muse Michael was traveling for the month so I was solo in SG and pretty low on material. You guys really don't want to see a weekend recap that solely consists of photos of me sweating my face off 1/2 marathon training and drinking wine on the couch watching reruns of [The Office/GIRLS/Friday Night Lights/Alaska: The Last Frontier]. 2). The times I was social and did neat things it was with very new friends and I felt seriously uncool trying to secretly photo journal the event :) and 3). the camera on my iphone broke - just the back camera. I can now only take front camera selfies (as seen below). SO - with that, a quick weekend recap and a random photo dump of things 'lately'. Miss you guys! How many days until Christmas again?
In between long runs outside - 33 days until race day - and a couple great meals, we had a big adventure to the Thompson Road plant nurseries. It felt like a very 'old married couple' mission. We walked around sweating through our shirts trying to pick up the perfect balcony plant (I killed our last bamboo plant with a serious lack of love) and debating on the appropriate amount of money that one should spend on a single plant. (spoiler alert: it's not $350)

We ended up with this beauty. I love how it turned out. The nice people also delivered and potted it for us a few hours later (aw, city living).

We also snagged this little 'lime' tree for homegrown gin & tonics, which to our surprise actually turned out to be an orange plant. So there's that.

And finally a beautiful little orchid for inside. BIG SATURDAY!

Sunday was spent running, re-hydrating, reading and napping. (Not That Kind of Girl - amazing).
We ended the weekend with a lovely, healthy dinner and viewing of The Godfather Part II.
It felt so good to have our little family of 2 and routine back in order :)

As I mentioned, Michael spent ~3 weeks in October back traveling around the US:
Going on runs with this handsome pup in KC.

And being a groomsman in not 1 but 2 gorgeous weddings
I'm back! Did you miss your weekly dose of LGE? Sorry for being MIA the past few weeks. Full-disclosure, the reason is three-fold. 1).
In between long runs outside - 33 days until race day - and a couple great meals, we had a big adventure to the Thompson Road plant nurseries. It felt like a very 'old married couple' mission. We walked around sweating through our shirts trying to pick up the perfect balcony plant (I killed our last bamboo plant with a serious lack of love) and debating on the appropriate amount of money that one should spend on a single plant. (spoiler alert: it's not $350)

We ended up with this beauty. I love how it turned out. The nice people also delivered and potted it for us a few hours later (aw, city living).

We also snagged this little 'lime' tree for homegrown gin & tonics, which to our surprise actually turned out to be an orange plant. So there's that.

And finally a beautiful little orchid for inside. BIG SATURDAY!

Sunday was spent running, re-hydrating, reading and napping. (Not That Kind of Girl - amazing).
We ended the weekend with a lovely, healthy dinner and viewing of The Godfather Part II.
It felt so good to have our little family of 2 and routine back in order :)

...Lately...
Going on runs with this handsome pup in KC.

And being a groomsman in not 1 but 2 gorgeous weddings
![]() |
| Georgia |
(still not over the fact I could not be there).
![]() |
| Connecticut |
Back in Singapore people are gearing up for Christmas. (Halloween isn't really a thing and Thanksgivings doesn't exist, obvi, so we start to gear up for Christmas about mid-October).
The weather remains unchanged.
I cut 5.5in off my hair.
I attended my very first Chinese wedding with my work colleagues.
I got new glasses.
...And we spent 1 amazing week cheering on the Royals (at 8:00AM).
That's about it folks, but things are looking to pick up soon - I am jetting off to Mexico later this week for my dear friend's wedding. I can't wait! Once I return Michael will be gone for a couple weeks for back-to-back work trips to Hong Hong, Sydney, Australia and Auckland, New Zeland. I tried to tag along for part of the trip but the timing just didn't work out - do you know far away AUS and NZ are from Singapore?! Ugh. Next time you see Michael give him a hard time for leaving me behind AGAIN while he gets to go on all the fun adventures without me ;)
Until next time...
XO,
CD










No comments :
Post a Comment