6.23.2015

The Weekender: 1 Year Wedded

Hey All! Popping in with a quick weekend recap. This past weekend, Michael and I had a marvelous, romantic time celebrating our 1-year wedding anniversary! I'm sure many couples can relate when I say that at times it feels like it's been 10 minutes and at other times about 10 years since our wedding day last June 21st. This past year has been quite an adventure. I feel so blessed to be on this journey of life with someone who makes me so incredibly happy.  

Okay, enough of the sappy stuff. We kicked off the weekend Friday evening at Michael's most favorite restaurant in all of Singapore, L'EntrecoteThe cuisine is impeccably consistent steak frites paired with a top house vino. 


With the traditional first wedding anniversary gift being paper, Michael was sweet enough to make a reservation for us to spend the weekend at the Capella Resort. The historical colonial building was erected in the 1880's and is located on Sentosa Island - the southernmost island of Singapore - and a quick drive from our home. 


The service, grounds, food and rooms were top notch. It's the perfect place to get away without really getting away.



Most of the day Saturday was spent cruising around Sentosa via bike and relaxing down by the marina. 


Sentosa Cove is full of cute restaurants, unique oceanfront mansions and a scattering of yachts and sail boats making it feel like a mini-escape from ordinary Singapore.   



Back at Capella we spent more time relaxing by the pool, reading and enjoying the spa. 


There was even a gorgeous wedding that evening. Michael joked it was like we were renewing our vows :) You can't see, but the bridesmaids were wearing very on trend high-wasted, pink, tea length tutu's with a white crop top. Way cute. If I were getting married in the middle of the jungle in Singapore my bm's would likely have been wearing bikinis! Tis hot out there. 


It was the perfect weekend relaxing, recharging and taking the time to stop and reflect on our love and appreciation for one another. I can't believe it has been a full year. The days are long, but the years are short. Time goes by too fast and it's so easy to get caught up in the routine of everyday life. It feels great to stop and look around and realize how truly lucky we are. I love you Michael, cheers to many more happy, healthy and adventurous years to come! 


And for good measure, I leave you with just a few of my favorite photos from our wedding (by the lovely Christine McGuigan).

XO times 365 days,
CD










No comments :

Post a Comment