1.20.2016

Christmas Recap 2015


Better late than never, amiright?

I'm about three weeks behind, but I wanted to get up a holiday recap before time totally gets away from me.

It goes without saying that Michael and I had the BEST time back home for the holidays. We hadn't been back to the States for a full year, so we were extra excited to spend time with our family and friends over the span of two weeks. Our trip included trips between Omaha and KC, lots of good food, snow(!), time with family, late nights with friends, holiday cheer and plenty of love and showering of baby D. 

A photo recap below: 


Snow!!! (Buddy the Elf voice). We had a surprise, very white Christmas Eve up in Omaha. Toto, we're not in Singapore any more. 


My family has made it a tradition to go to the Durham (where Michael and I got married, aww) over the holidays and check out the massive Christmas tree. The downstairs is also a train museum which my nephews love. 


Luke loves him some Uncle Michael - it's the sweetest. 


Selfie stick time over at my sisters casa.  


During my first weekend back, my godmother Lisa and friends Amy and Neely were so very sweet to host a baby shower for our girl. It was wonderful being able to see so many family members and friends from home over cinnamon rolls, mimosas and tiny little baby clothes (side note, wow babies need a lot of stuff). Thank you all for coming - it was perfect!  


My Millard West gals - 2 full babies + 3 halves :)


One cannot spend time in NE and without having at least one Runza. (Also Valentino's pizza - not pictured)


...to Grandmothers house we go... 


Sending Christmas Eve with my family, we made the pilgrimage out to Yutan, NE for dinner and church at my grandparents. With all of the extended family together for the first time and in a long time, we took the opportunity for a large family photo. How cute are we? :)


The whole Stamp crew of brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, spouses and great grand babes. 


Michael and I have also made it somewhat of a tradition to hit up Shirley's Diner for some good ole, down home Midwestern diner food. So. Good. 


Now, headed south on I-29 to Kansas City...

My first night in KC kicked off with a massive holiday party/30th birthday celebration/baby shower at the Duvall's. It was so fun seeing so many of our friends in one place and starting the holidays off with a bang. KKG love ---> 


A big shout out to all of our sweet friends and family friends who were so kind to give to our group gift. Baby D will be rolling around Singapore in style in her fancy new stroller ;)


Random dog photo. I love my Jack-in-law. 



Family photo on Christmas night. [Excels at self-timer photography]  



It's not a trip to KC without a visit to Ponak's. It's the best. Although it's admittedly not as great without the addition of their famous margaritas, it was still just as amazing as I often dream of. Mmmm I'm thinking about it right now... 



While in KC I had one more shower with my best college gals - feeling loved. 



Love you sistas! 



D-awwwww.... 



Annual holiday dinner with these wonderful people. 




Party crasher. 



And on our second to last night in the States we headed to Lawrence to watch the Jayhawks at Allen Fieldhouse. One cannot visit Lawrence without a compulsory stop at The Wheel. Being 7.5 months pregnant at a bar is a tad embarrassing, but the Wheel is still awesome. (I think I horrified a few college students by accidentally bumping into them with my bump. Ew sorry). 


Hawks win! 


...and finally after two crazy, action-packed, amazing weeks in KC and Omaha, Michael, myself, baby, my compression tights and a huge bag of Cheez-its were ready for the long haul back to Singapore. 


We had such a wonderful time during our trip home. We were reminded just how lucky we are to have such amazing families and friends who love us dearly. We miss you all like crazy. 

We are planning on moving back to the States in the fall, so we look forward to the holidays being a little less hectic (and jet lagged) next year. Thank you everyone for all the love, hospitality and effort in making our trip home so insanely fun and memorable. 

Much, much love! 

XO,
CD

No comments :

Post a Comment