2.01.2016

The Weekender: Lately


Hey All! Hope you are surviving the depths of winter back home. Here in Singapore we are enjoying the never-changing 90 degree weather and daily thunder storms as we wrap up rainy season here on the equator. Nothing too exciting to report, but I have collected a random smattering of iPhone photos of the things we have been up to over the last couple of weeks. Only 4 (or less!) more weeks until baby...Eek! 

Some major Din Tai Fung cravings have been had and dumplings have been consumed (note the crazy eyes). 


A few weeks ago my girlfriends here in Singapore were so incredibly sweet to throw me a surprise baby shower. We had planned on gathering for a 'welcome back to Singapore BBQ' following everyones travels over the holidays, but to my total shock I walked into the sweetest spread for Baby D. (Epic fail on not getting a group pic, btw). 



Plain Vanilla - one of the best and only places in Singapore to get good cupcakes. How cute are these little guys?! 


Many grilling evenings have taken place - Michael's happy zone. Check out his new KC apron he got for Christmas :)


Non-alcoholic beer - a pregnant woman's best friend for not feeling left out during happy hour.  


In addition to my long list of things to do and things to purchase before baby arrives, I've been trying to take some time for myself and indulge my creative side. I've been extra keen to learn some fun new skills before flexible free time becomes a laughable thing of the past (or so I'm told).

A couple weeks ago I took a water color class through Bloesem Shop - an ultra cool, multi-functional creative space that hosts a variety of courses, as well as a small retail space of chic things. I loved every second of it - not a bad turnout for a first timer. 


Bump update... 


Monthly Champagne Brunch (a Singapore staple), this time to celebrate my friend Kristin's birthday. 


Cheers!  


Michael and I have also been taking antenatal classes every Saturday in preparation for baby. We made a routine of going to our favorite neighborhood establishment - Boomerang - following class. Michael certainly earned himself a beer or two after all the videos we had to watch ;) 



One of my biggest undertakings has been to get our guest room in order. Since we have just 2 bedrooms and won't be here too terribly long with the baby, it is a guest room / nursery space. I vow to make a proper pinterest-worthy nursery once we are in a more long-term location. But for documentation purposes here is the before...  


And after! I hope to do a full post on her room in the coming weeks. It's nothing special but it makes my heart happy :)


Hey, hi, hello! 


In keeping with my creative education, I took a bouquet arranging class at Floral Magic on Saturday (the same place I made my holiday wreath if you recall). 


TA-daaaaaah! 


Smile, Michael :)


Date night selfie following church.  


And finally we ended this weekend with Michael tending to some ribs for 4+ hours on the grill, a beautiful sunset, and a BBQ dinner with our pal Nate.  


Have a wonderful week y'all! Next weekend we will be enjoying a long 4-day weekend here, as Singapore (and a majority of Asia) celebrates Chinese New Year. We are unfortunately grounded and cannot travel, but in the spirit of things here is a look back at the awesome trips we have taken during CNY the past couple of years (Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Hoi An, CNY in Singapore). 

Gong Xi Fa Cai! 

XO,
CD

No comments :

Post a Comment