So, we went to Hong Kong the other week. It was awesome! {blog posts seem so daunting when you have a million great pics to edit and share in just one go} Michael was in HK the entire week for work, so we decided it would be fun if I popped up on Thursday night and we made a weekend of it. The flight time from SG to HK is only about 3.5 hours, which isn't too bad when you're a, 'I've flown the longest flight in the world - literally!' survivor. Can we get t-shirts made?
Night one naturally started out with some drinks in Lan Kwai Fong. "LKF" as the cool kids call it, is like Hong Kong's Bourbon Street - packed with bars, restaurants and people looking to have themselves a good time!
See...
Our first night we had dinner at Posto Pubblico. No pics because it was dark and the food was too good. This place was on a few peoples lists to try and it didn't disappoint. If you shut the front door you would have sworn you were in the West Village.
Friday, we hit the streets runnin'
HK is an amazingly vibrant and gritty city. It's seriously like Asian New York. It felt so good to be back in the hustle and bustle. Oh how I have missed piles of trash on the street, sirens, power walking and crazy people yelling and cursing at each other.
Next we took a quick ferry across the river to Kowloon. We didn't spend much (any) time in actual Kowloon, but it was fun to get out on the water and see the skyline. The size of HK is so expansive and impressive - much larger than I had imagined.
Visiting Victoria Peak ("the Peak") at night was pretty much our only 'to-do' for the weekend. We took a quick (and winding) taxi to the top one evening after dinner. I am kicking myself for not knowing how to properly use my new camera (sorry, Dad!), but the view was unlike anything I have seen. She's a real beaut'.
The best picture from the Peak was this hilarious kissy/overly staged pic we paid for from one of the many eager photogs at the top. It has a logo and boarder and everything - think "Splash Mountain".
Would you believe me if I told you they build all buildings (read SKYSCRAPERS) with bamboo scaffolding? I didn't believe Michael either, but it's a trumor.
What's that? Why yes, I am wearing a crop top, thank you.
So if the whole IB thing doesn't work out, Michael knows his next venture...
but really. cute name.
Close your eyes PETA!
Bye, bye pig face.
Saturday night ended with an amazing dinner at Wagyu. Michael had fond memories of great oysters there when he traveled to HK with his old job about 5 years ago. I have a feeling our time in LKF and that trip were a little different ;)
Our trip wrapped with brunch, a final fitting for the suits Michael had made, a long walk and an art project.
Michael gave me flack for being the only person over the age of 5 taking part in this.
Last stop before the airport...tea at the Mandarin Oriental.
C: [stands up, hovers directly over table, takes pic, sits, adjusts, takes another 3 pics]
M: Seriously, act like you've had high tea before, will ya.
Hong Kong - the good life.
C


No comments :
Post a Comment