Hi Guys!
Sorry I have been MIA (ugh, I promised myself when I started this blog I would never begin a post that way...) Anywho, I have been crazy busy (and beyond exhausted) since we got back from Hong Kong (recap to come) and I started WORKING!* yay.
Here is a recap of our eventful weekend:
Friday evening began with a fun work related outing - an organized tour and event celebrating the opening of the brand spanking new Westin Hotel in the Central Business District of Singapore ("CBD"). Holy-moley this place was incredible. Who knew a Westin could be so posh? The hotel is fully integrated into a high-rise office building.
Check-in lobby on the 32nd floor? Mind is blown.
Infinity pool, check.
Amazing views, check.
Plus lots of crazy tech things like the room remembering your temperature settings every time you come back to the hotel. Crazy.
Afterwards, I walked over to meet Michael for some Korean BBQ at Wang Dae Bak.
KBBQ is kind of becoming our Friday thing.
Saturday morning we were up bright and early for work duty. This was the first weekend we were in Singapore since our container arrived from NY so we had lots of shopping and organizing to do.
Saw this on our way to the store. 'You mean tell me this things goes on land AND water?!' I couldn't get over this. First time someone comes to visit we are TOTALLY doing a duck tour.
I cannot quite understand the allure of the durian. Literally there are signs in buildings and malls and public transportation that strictly prohibit durians. Can you image walking into a mall and seeing a sign that says, 'no oranges allowed,' ha. Anyway, if you are not familiar, they. smell. but are popular? I do not know. If you're interested in learning more, just go to YouTube and search durian.
So we had some fun, but honestly not as much as we had hopped when putting together the apartment. Long story short, we spent a small fortune since half of our stuff does not work out here. RIP west elm lamps, RIP vacuum, RIP iron, RIP coffee maker, the list goes on. You would think we would learn after a while to stop plugging things in. You would be crabby too if you had to replace almost EVERY singe electronic device you owned.
Sunday fun was had. We went to this amazing brunch with some new friends. The cuisine was Mediterranean and the location was extra charming.
EXTRA thick bacon and eggs. I mean, this bacon was 1" thick...
Lamb shakshouka...a cast iron pan of roast lamb meatballs, yogurt cheese, Egyptian herbs and spices and two fried eggs...OMG (says Michael).
Another round of drinks to wait out the storm - gladly.
Finally, out of our many purchases this weekend, this was by far our favorite. We got two new Persian rugs and we are very, very excited. It is so thin and so silky soft.
Have a great week y'all!
*Please contact me directly if you would like any additional information on this topic :)











No comments :
Post a Comment