Hi Friends!
Sorry I am a day late - I had a bad case of the Monday's and didn't feel like typing (blogger problems)
A recap of our weekend...
As you can see the haze is starting to roll in and become very noticeable. Having only lived in the Midwest and NY, I have never had to battle with air quality issues (NYC hot trash and urine aside). I even downloaded my first PSI app on my phone!
The morning starts out just fine and by late afternoon the haze rolls in - you can see it in the air, smell the smoke and feel it in your eyes and throat. The haze rolls in every year around this time as farmers in Sumatra, Indonesia burn and clear the land during this dry period. Singapore and others are continually working to better regulate and set sanctions around this issue.
![]() |
| Friday: the face of optimism |
See, all clear on this glorious Saturday morning.
Side note: living on the equator means goodbye to dark mornings and sleeping in past 8:00 a.m., sleeping in to thunder storms (I feel like it only rains in the evening), or staying snuggly during a snow shower. Nope - clear skies and 80 degrees means get up lazy! Consistent sunrise and sunset has its pros and cons. Ugh.

Saturday morning was the same ol' drill - I do some kind of outdoor aerobic activity and Michael plays in his flag football league (check out his fb page for a cute pic of the team!)
Around lunch it was time to be productive. Our apartment is in pretty good shape outside of 'Michael's room.' This is the 3rd bedroom/office where Michael spends a lot of time mainly because I took over the entire closet in the master bedroom (I mean isn't that how it works?) With all the late night conference calls with NY and the time he spends working on the weekends, it was high time we got his office up and running.
On our list was a new desk and bookshelf - but first a Mexican lunch and some margs to get us warmed up for the big adventure (yes we are pathetic). 
We browsed about 5 stores and realized we needed to go home and actually measure the room (fail) and vowed to come back on Sunday. However, much progress was made.
We made it home in time for a quick trip to the grocery store, a power nap and a Singapore second shower before heading over to our friends Christina and James' for a BBQ.

Cheers!

After dinner we headed to this dive bar near their place. It was a-ma-zing. Gawd, I love a good dive bar.
It was the perfect night of good food and fun with great people. It felt so good to be among friends and to be out and about on a Saturday night. With the pool table and old school Nelly and 50 Cent bumpin' we could have anywhere. It was awesome.
Sunday we set out to find the East Coast Parkway on our bikes. There was a slight mix-up if the bike portion of Michael's triathlon was 40 MILES or 40 KM... so this happened. Note: I was right, it is km.

After our traumatizing workout (sorry, only I was traumatized) we had a relaxing rest of the day. Back to Duxton Hill to complete our office purchases and cook dinner. The office is really coming together - I will maybe consider giving it it's own post once it's complete.

Dinner comprised an average vegetable pasta so I rewarded myself with a pan of Bill's famous Kappa Krispies #KappaKrispies Why have I never thought to make this at home?

See you later this week.
- C
P.S. only 4 more days until THE Rolling Stones!





First of all, I don't want to hear about your THIRD bedroom problems. (kidding, but so jealous). Second of all - HOMEMADE KAPPA KRISPIES?!?! You are so smart.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Katie - what is that and how do I make it?!
ReplyDelete