The weekend is over and all 3 of my teams (KU, Creighton, Nebraska) are out of the tournament already? Talk about depressing!
Short and sweet recap this week. Like I mentioned, Michael was traveling in India most of the week into Sunday so I was on my own for the first half of the weekend. I was so excited to get geared up and watch some basketball after work! Oh yeah, that time change. FAIL.
No fear, we are still loyal Jayhawks as Michael's dad is so kind as to tape all of the KU games on the sling box for us to watch at a more respectable hour. I avoided the internet and enjoyed watching the game first thing when I woke up on Saturday. Have not and probably will not watch Sunday's game :(
![]() |
| March Madness in Asia is hard. |
I thought to myself, I'll have a fun night staying in watching a movie and ordering Domino's. Just like the old days! FAIL. What the heck is a 'classy chic' pizza?
Friday and Saturday were not that exciting. Confession, I think I am officially 'one of those' people who is a total hermit loser when their significant other is away (at least here in Singapore). I did manage to get in a couple good workouts, grocery shopping and errands completed, but the amount of 'relaxing' that was done and Mad Men that was watched was most certainly pathetic level red.
Sunday morning Michael finally returned home after what seemed like an eternity and came bearing gifts. He was so excited to be home and show me all the things he brought back. Michael rustled me out of bed at 6:30AM and demanded a fashion show of the saree he had excitedly purchased for me. I am only sharing this picture because I consider you readers to be my closest friends and family --- So this is what me wearing an Indian saree at the crack of down looks like.
![]() |
| Am I dreaming? |
Since we were already up, we dedicated to beat the foot traffic and head out on a long bike ride up the East Coast. I finally had the chance to stop and take some pics since Michael was pretty far ahead of me and I was in the process of turning around for him to catch up on his return path.
How gorgeous is this golf course?
SCSS
- South China Sea Selfie
I tired so hard to get the perfect shot of all the jumbo jets landing at the airport, which is about 100 years behind me next to the course, but I didn't have any luck. Michael (and a ton of other bikers) like getting out on the bike path on Changi Road for, and I quote, 'my own personal Top Gun moment.'
![]() |
| I was afraid of getting lost so this was my turning around point |
There sure are plenty of pretty things to look at during our long rides.
6:00 AM wake up = 7:00 AM bike ride = 9:30 AM breakfast. Not brunch for once! I real proper breakfast! We were also able to catch the end of the Saturday night basketball games on TV too.
Oh hi!
Stay tuned later this week for a guest post by Michael highlighting some of his travels throughout India!
Peace, Love & Rock Chalk,
C









Hot sari, Miss Stamp! Looking straight out of a Bollywood flick!
ReplyDelete-Young Carl