Hey Guys! (I know, I know, don't yell at me - we still owe you an India recap. It's coming soon, I promise)
A rundown of our weekend below. Is it just me or are they all starting to sound alike? I swear, we are not nearly as interesting as this blog makes us out to be :)
Enough self-deprecation, let's get to it!
Friday night we headed out to this super cute little area called Emerald Hill. All the shop houses were various shades of green with beautiful shutters and old emerald tiles. Shop houses, as they are called here, are the equivalent of (if not more rare and harder to snatch up) the coveted and expensive pre-war brownstones you find in the states. The pics I took just as the sun was setting do not do it justice - maybe we should come back sometime with the nice camera.

Emerald Hill is a peaceful little area right off the craziness of shopping mecca Orchard Road.

The objective of our adventure was a great cocktail at No.5 bar. It was a fun Friday night atmosphere and the drinks were great. File this bar in the 'night out with friends' folder, not so much 'date night' but it's always a great time out with my lova no matter the location ;)

I could live there.

As we turn the corner into the homestretch of the wedding countdown, I had an appointment for a facial on Saturday afternoon. I figure 3 months is probably a good time to start thinking about an amped up beauty regimen.
![]() |
| how cute is this place? |
While I was getting pampered, Michael was supposed to be going to the bike doctor to get a flat tire and missing pin fixed, however I came home to him pathetically sitting on the curb by himself with his broken bike. He won't admit it, but I know he was secretly waiting for me to get home to help him carry the other half of his bike over 1/2 a mile in the 100 degree heat ;)
![]() |
| suns out, guns out |
Hmm... what does one do for an hour while your bike is being serviced...

$4 beers at the China Town hawker center of course!
Saturday night, at the recommendation of one of my colleagues, we tried out a new 'Mexican-inspired' place called Lower East Side (one of the owners is American).

It was no Ponak's (nothing is) but the tacos were amazing. (pulled pork and chorizo below) As Midwestern-Americans used to amazing Mexican food with gooey cheese and free flowing chips and salsa, it's a little hard to get used to the small portion sizes and outrages prices, but hey, sometimes you do what you gotta do to get your fix.

Relaxed atmosphere and cute decor - Saturday night win.

Sunday was mostly spent on our bikes (a whopping 3hr, 55km ride! - yes, I am bragging, it was hard!) and recovering from said bikes.

I have been whining like a little child that we never have 'fun' at the pool and only go there to work out (boring). So Michael humored me and we had a little Sunday-funday relaxation time to wrap up the weekend.

See ya later!
-C



No comments :
Post a Comment