Hey friends! Back with a little mid-week recap. Michael and I are feeling the side effects of real life after coming back from a great weekend up in Hong Kong. As I mentioned in my last post, Michael was in HK for the entire week for work. A while back we decided to make a short weekend of it and have me fly up to meet him Friday after work. (The flight is a little over 3 hours - nearly the same distance from NYC to KC, but on much nicer Asian airlines that actually leave on time and have way more movies to watch and free booze, so it's not nearly as painful). Anyway - a great weekend spent eating, shopping, exploring and touristing in possibly our favorite city in all of Asia.
This time around we decided to get away from Central and stay in another part of the city (turned out to be a good idea with all the craziness happening in HK at the moment! I'd like to mention that we didn't see any protesting going on, but on our drive out we saw the huge line of parked ambulance and police cars. We were a little out of the way and I understand things got bad Sunday evening after we left). Anyway, we stayed at this kind of crazy boutique hotel we found on Mr. and Mrs. Smith, J Plus. It was um, interesting! Very hip.
Saturday morning we had big plans for a run, which turned into a hike, which turned into walking to Big Buddha, which ended in taking the cable car to the top.
Crystal bottom ride? Sure, why not! I don't have many shots from the way up as I was paralyzed with fear. Meanwhile the Asians were taking turns sprawling out on the floor making snow angels and taking pictures. It was pretty cool though!
I love how Michael looks like an American monster in this pic. {LOLing}
Are we there yet? I think we cable car'ed all the way to the sun cuz oh my Buddha, it was hot up therr!
Love this view. Such a contrast from the other side of the island.
Suns out, umbrellas out, Asia!
I loved our cable car mates for the journey back down. They were cracking us up. So. Many. Selfies. #sofetch
After our 'big' journey (I'm so punny lately) we wondered a little and stopped for lunch.
Turned down for what?
Our weekend was rapidly coming to a close, but not before cocktail hour on the terrace of our hotel, quick stop in LKF and dinner at our favorite restaurant - Posto Pubblico (only when you live in Asia can you get away with traveling to HK and eating Italian food). The food, the service, the ambiance and location - molto bene!
And just like that, it was Sunday afternoon and we were headed back to Singapore.
Until next time guys...
XO,
CD
p.s. Go Royals! That crazy game turned out to be perfect timing for us to listen during our lunch break ;)







No comments :
Post a Comment