2.22.2016

Baby Talk: The Nursery

Hey guys,

In the name of documentation as we continue the countdown to baby, I wanted to share a few pics of baby D's tiny room. 

The room actually turned out a lot different than I originally envisioned, a la Pinterest. I wanted something soft, neutral and not overly girly, but with living in an apartment, planning on moving within the year, not being able to paint and rather limited options for baby shopping, we did the best we could. The room itself is fairly small, but it has nice light and is set up well to house both a bed and crib.

So once I got past my unrealistic original vision of creams and whites (which people actually don't sell a lot of), the inspiration basically came from the bold colors of the existing guest bedding that I didn't have the time, energy or need to replace. So there you have it. 

THE BEFORE: The room had pretty much looked like this since we moved in back in Sept. Yikes. 


THE AFTER: Voilá! A simple, bright and cheery nursery / guest room.  


We still have room for visitors in case anyone doesn't mind sleeping with a baby :-P


We're ready for you girl. Well ready in the fact that we at least have space for you...


(FYI, Mee = different types of noodles, Kueh = Singaporean desserts and in fact not the baby's name, as my mother feared ;))  




 

The guitar actually came about because I honestly didn't have space for it anywhere else - and hey, the color matched.


The welcoming committee. 


Thanks for taking a tour de baby room with me. We can't wait to plop her in it!  

XO,
CD

Sources :

No comments :

Post a Comment