8.19.2013

Flat (Apartment) Hunting

As Michael is currently working and adjusting to life in Singapore and I am still in New York for a few more weeks, Michael has been tackling the apartment hunt on his own. I have absolute faith in him to find a great place for us to live - after all, he DID find on his own what is very likely the only apartment on Park Avenue with a beer pong table and charcoal grill.      

Michael has seen quite a few places and has sent me a bunch of pictures for my review. 


Some interesting characteristics to note: 


Kitchens-in-cages. Can't you just picture me cookin' up Sunday supper in my little cage. Not surprising, this is built to manage the strong odor of certain foods. It's actually very smart, but its relevance to us is TBD ;)






Bomb shelters. According to Michael... 'new buildings added them after 9/11, the door weights like 300 lbs and can withstand an attack. If the whole building fell down there would be this tall silo of bomb shelters and a helicopter would come pick you up.' Wait, what? I think he made that up and most everyone just uses it for storage. 




Washer and dryer outside - like literally outside. As to not heat up your place. Genius. Also, coming from NYC I would just like to pause and bask in the glory of actually having the option of w/d inside the apartment. I have arrived!  



Balcony's not built for taller people (i.e., 6'4 Americans). Michael is worried he is going to fall over on the edge from the 35th floor because, 'his center of gravity is too high.' 
I mean I guess he has a point...




Over all the places are amazing. Amenities for days. I can't wait to show you our new home once we find it! 










     






No comments :

Post a Comment