So one of the many downfalls of a 12hr time difference is I often wake up in the morning with multiple emails from Michael. They range from a quick hello to far more important things - I found an apartment, I opened a bank account, I signed us up for a 1/2 marathon(!?)
{pause for reaction}
Ya, I made that ^^^
Michael's entire office is doing the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore event in December - they are apparently all freakishly active and fit. Somehow I got included and suckered into doing it against my will. After further thought we decided it will be a fun way to get to know our new city and achieve something that neither of us have ever done. It also comes at a point when we actually have the time to train (new city : few friends : few plans : lots of free time)
I am currently running at my gym and along the East Side River in NYC. Michael on the other hand is (offensively sweatily) exploring some cool areas of the city and running among the natives: moneys, snakes and monitor lizards - oh my!
Fort Canning Park
MacRitchie Reservoir
Side note: Michael injured his hamstring on day 1. After which he proceeded to go to the nearest 7-11 (who knew they had 7-11 in Singapore?) and buy a $15 bag of ice to promptly dump into the tub to take an ice bath. Ha, poor guy. I on the other hand trained for 3 days and couldn't walk by the 4th.
Wish us luck!






No comments :
Post a Comment