I anticipate the 'voyage home' section of this blog to be all parts hilarious, ridiculous and insufferable, but in the meantime I want to chronicle how the other half lives for once. Clearly, Michael and I are not accustom to flying in the lap of luxury. We can barley afford to sit exit row on a connecting flight to KC, much less business class on an international flight. BUT as part of Michael's company moving us, they paid for our maiden voyages over.
Behold, the man, the myth, the legend: Singapore Airlines, 100-seat, all business class, direct flight from EWR-SIN. The worlds longest commercial flight, clocking in at an impressive 18 hr 40 min non-stop. Note, I am documenting this because we will likely never see the inside of this airplane again. One, because there have been rumors it will be cancelled this fall and two, tickets can easily run into the 5-figure range.
Mumm, enjoy that lobster while you can, Michael!
11:00pm EST take off for arrival '2 days' later. 
Forget that piece of meat, look at that heavy-handed pour!
Mmm, cheesecake.
Good night.
I notice that the fahsion slippers made the voyage as well.
ReplyDeleteCan you shower on that flight?
ReplyDelete-Young Carl
Your writing is hilarious Cass. And Michael looked a littler longer (taller) than the average passenger in that "bed".
ReplyDelete